Guillermo Ruiz has 4 years of experience in legal practice and is specialized in real estate, having been involved in several real estate transactions (including advice both in acquisition and financing of the assets and sale of assets, due diligence processes and lease contracts). He has also expertise in corporate law and real estate taxation.
Prior to joining sdh, he worked at Clifford Chance (Madrid), Marimón Abogados and as in-house lawyer of the Vega Funds in the real estate business.
Gullermo holds a Degree in Law and a Certificate in Business Administration (“Administración de Empresas”) from the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE).
Guillermo also holds a Master’s degree (LLM) in Legal Advice for corporates from the IE (Instituto de Empresa) of Madrid.
Among his expertise the following cases may be stressed:
- Vega Funds:
– Purchase and subsequent financing of the Hotel Meliá Calas de Mallorca to the Meliá group.
– Purchase and subsequent financing of the Hotel Meliá Sol Falcó to the Meliá group.
– Purchase, financing and partner agreements of the Santo Domingo Hotel in Madrid.
– Due Diligence and sale of a 14 hotels package of throughout Spain to the Socimi Atom Hoteles, of the Bankinter group for an amount of 300 Million Euros.
- Orion: Legal advice on the sale of the Plenilunio shopping center of Madrid for € 375 million.
- Ivanhoe Cambridge: Legal advice regarding the potential acquisition of Xanadú shopping center (Madrid), including its due diligence.
- Blackstone: Legal advice on post-closing review of non-performing loans acquired by said investor, as well as of the underlying properties.